As Christian adults, we have a moral and legal responsibility and are entrusted by God with the spiritual, emotional and physical well-being of minors and vulnerable adults. As they participate in activities within or sponsored by our Diocese, it is our responsibility and commitment to provide an environment which is safe and nurturing.
- To provide a safe and secure environment for minors and vulnerable adults in the faith communities within our Diocese.
- To reduce the possibility of false accusations against clergy, employees and volunteers.
- To assist the Diocese in evaluating a person’s suitability to work with minors or vulnerable adults.
- To satisfy the concerns of parents and staff members with a screening process.
- To provide a system to respond to the victims and their families, as well as the accused.
- To reduce the risk exposure of the parishes and the Catholic Diocese of Dallas.