Our parish is seeking a qualified, faithful Catholic adult to be an assistant to the Youth Ministry Coordinator. This person shall assist with Middle School Faith Formation and Middle School and High School youth sacrament preparation and youth special events. This person shall help foster Christian community, and growth in faith through building relationships and witnessing through service.
A degree or certificate in youth ministry or a related field is preferred. A minimum of 1 year experience is required, and having musical skills is a plus. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, positive conflict resolution skills, ability to work within a budget, proficient computer skills, and a working knowledge of social media is necessary. This position requires working frequent evenings and weekend hours.
Youth Ministry Assistant
Partial List of Duties
- To assist the Youth Ministry Coordinator and the Director of Faith Formation in supervising Middle School youth in faith formation
- To assist the Youth Ministry Coordinator and the Director of Faith Formation in planning and implementing Middle School youth Catechesis and Youth events
- To share in the responsibilities of sacramental preparation for the youth
- To assist in preparing for sacramental preparation, classes, retreats, parent meetings, rehearsals, and receptions
- To attend parish functions pertaining to youth special events, retreats, Sacraments, summer youth events, and volunteer appreciation events
- To attend Diocesan youth events and meetings when necessary
- To attend staff and religious education meetings when necessary
- Degree or certificate in Youth Ministry, Pastoral Studies, Theology or related field, OR a minimum of 1 year experience in youth ministry
- Musical abilities would be a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of and ability to articulate Catholic teachings and catechetical methods
- Positive conflict resolution skills
- Proficient skills in technology, and knowledge of social media, and music
- Able to lift and move 25 pounds or more, and able to participate in youth games and sporting events
- Able to work days, nights, and weekends for a forty hour week
St. Jude Catholic Church is an active parish of over 4800 families. Allen is a growing suburb of Dallas. St. Jude Youth is a growing and vibrant program dedicated to inspiring our youth to a deeper commitment to Jesus Christ through catechesis and dynamic experiences.
Send resume and references to